Nursing Program Director:
Cheryl Krieg MSN, RNC-OB – firstname.lastname@example.org
Heather Williams – email@example.com
Holly Bressler, CCCTC Adult Education Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org
Debra A. Woodcock, Director of Financial Aid, email@example.com
Amy Dullinger, Financial Aid Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
NURSING PROGRAM REQUIRED BOOK LIST
- Dahlkemper, T. Anderson’s Nursing Leadership, Management &Professional Practice 5th edition, FA Davis, Philadelphia, PA
- Cohen, B and Hull. Memmlers’ The Human Body in Health and Disease 13th edition, Lippincott, Williams, and Wilkins,2015
- Pagana and Pagana: Mosby’s Manual of Diagnostic and Laboratory Tests 5th edition, Mosby/Elsevier, St. Louis, Missouri
- Cooper and Gosnell, Foundations and Adult Health Nursing. Elsevier, St. Louis, Missouri
- Cooper and Gosnell, Virtual Clinical Excursions Interactive Workbook for Foundations and Adult Health Nursing. Elsevier, St. Louis Missouri
- Vitale, C., Mediquick Drug Cards, Wolters Kluwer,
- 2014 9781457192971
NURSING PROGRAM RECOMMENDED BOOK LIST
- Myers, E. LPN Notes 3rd edition, FA Davis, Philadelphia, PA – 2012. Spiralbound, waterproof.
- Karch, A. Pocket Drug Guide for Nurses, Lippincott, Rochester, NY – 2014 9780803627666
- Taber’s Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary, FA Davis, Philadelphia, PA – 2013 9781496318251
- Hogan, M. Comprehensive Review for NCLEX-PN, Reviews andRationals, 2nd Edition. Pearson, Upper Saddle River, NJ – 2012*
- NCLEX-RN Drug Guide, 300 Medications You Need to Know for theExam, 5th Edition, Kaplan Publishing, New York, NY – 2013
$14,750.00- includes books (subject to change)
Estimated expenses not included in tuition:
Acceptance Fee – $100.00
Pre-Entrance Testing Fee $75.00
Clinical lab Fee-$100.00
Immunizations – $200.00
Licensing Fees $235.00
Physical Exam – $75.00
Drug Testing – $70.00
Clearances – $41.75
Practical Nursing is a three semester program to prepare graduates to enter the field of nursing in an entry level staff role. After completion of the program, the graduate is eligible to take the Practical Nursing Licensing Exam (NCLEX-PN).
The education program is 12 months with a total of 1,500 clock hours. Classes and clinical experience are typically scheduled in a 4 day/week schedule for full-time and 2 day/week for part time (24 months). The student is reponsible for personal living accommodations and transportation.
Applications are accepted yearly on an ongoing basis until the program is full. Upon completion of application, pre-entrance testing, receipt of education record and interview, a decision of admission is completed. Applicants are encouraged to apply early. The nursing program reserves the right to request additional testing and/or academic data deemed necessary to make a determination of aptitude for nursing.
Program Start Dates:
Full Time- August (each year)
Part Time- March (Odd years 2017,2019,etc.)
The Practical Nursing program is based on strong theory (670 hours), clinical component (830 hours), and commitment to excellence. Our program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) and the Pennsylvania Department of Education and is approved by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing. Students have clinical experience at acute, community, and long-term care settings.
Specific course curriculum and program policies can be found in the CCCTC 2016-2017 Practial Nursing Student Handbook.
- Home Health
- Ambulatory Care Clinics
- Physicians’ Offices
- Nursing Homes
- Assisted Living Centers
- Private Duty
- Dental Offices
Starting salaries range $12.50-$21.00/hourly.
Satisfactory official transcript from an accredited secondary school, or a GED certificate. Good oral and written communication skills are essential. Satisfactory physical, immunization history, and drug screening is required upon acceptance. Applicant must have adequate sensory and psychomotor functioning to effectively implement nurse care. A student must be able to tolerate physical taxing activities and exercise restraint during stressful situations in order to meet the demands of the program. Adequate cognitive functioning as evidenced by satisfactory results on pre-entrance test required. An interview is also required. Criminal Record, Child Abuse and FBI Clearances are necessary. Applicant must be 18 years of age prior to graduating from the program.
Clearfield County Career and Technology Center’s Practical Nursing Program is a participant in PELL Grants, Federal Direct Loans, and other local funding agencies. Funding varies depending on income and family size. You will be required to fill out a Financial Aid Free Student Application (FAFSA) by visiting the website at www.FAFSA.ed.gov. The school code is 015422. Call our financial aid office at 765-5308 for more information. For more information regarding financial aid see the CCCTC 2014-2015 Financial Aid Handbook.
Note: The CCCTC has no student resident housing.