Digital Media Arts
Ms. Lauren Hopkins
Do you want to be the next YouTube star? Interested in photography or graphic design?
Want to make TV shows or movies? Build websites with rich multimedia and video content?
The Clearfield County CTC’s new Digital Media Arts program prepares students for work in business and entertainment, shooting and editing photographs, making videos and digital marketing material, and creating websites. The Internet is here to stay and advances in technology make digital media skills an ongoing corporate need.
Students use Adobe Creative Cloud software including Photoshop, Lightroom, Dreamweaver, After Effects, Premiere Pro, InDesign, and Illustrator. Students also learn to set up and manage websites using content management systems. Students will learn to build, code, and publish web content in a variety of formats.
The Digital Media Arts program is a stepping stone to these potential careers:
- Graphic & Website Designer
- Web Application Developer
- Software Developer
- Computer Programmer
- Advertising and Promotions Manager
- Radio and TV Reporter, Producer and Editor
- Public Relations and Marketing Representative
- Digital Illustrator and 3D Animator
- Film and TV Special Effects Artist
- Digital Photographer
- Multimedia and Mobile Application Developer
- Digital Communications Specialist
Area of Instruction:
- Foundations of Information Technology
- Fundamentals of Computer Operation
- Network Fundamentals
- Basics of Programming
- Computer Applications (Microsoft Access and Excel)
- Photography (operating a DSLR in manual mode, composition techniques and image manipulation with Adobe Photoshop)
- Graphic Content Creation (Adobe InDesign and Illustrator)
- Principles of Layout and Design
- Video Production and
Editing (Adobe PremierPro and Avid Media Composor using YouTube as a distributive platform)
Many career opportunities are available to students that take the Digital Media Arts program. Most will continue their education at a college or university, ask about how to earn college credit while taking this program.
- Front End Web Developer
- Mobile Web Developer
- Technology Applications Engineer
- Software Developer
- Database Administrator
- Multimedia Specialist
- Web Design Specialist
- Graphic Artist
- Multimedia Artist and Animator
- Film and Video Editor
- Advertising /Promotions Manager
Median Pay is $67,990 per year!
Projected job growth is much faster than average.
College Credits available in Digital Media Arts from:
Adult Education Information
Cost: $6,600.00 – Includes books, NOCTI and OSHA Certification
Estimated expenses not included in tuition:
Criminal Record Check – $22.00
Child Abuse Clearance – $8.00
Federal Criminal History Record-$22.60
*Note: Financial aid is not yet available for the Digital Media Arts Program
Academic Year: 9 months/900 hours
Start Date: August
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-2:30 pm