Digital Media Arts
Ms. Lauren Hopkins
CIP CODE 11.0801
Are you interested in photography? Like to take videos of your friends or family? Spend lots of time on social media?
The Clearfield County CTC’s Digital Media Arts program prepares students for work in business and entertainment, shooting and editing photographs, making videos and digital marketing material, and creating websites.
Advances in technology make digital media skills an ongoing corporate need. Students use Adobe Creative Cloud software including Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, and Dreamweaver. Students may have an opportunity to explore After Effects and Animate as well.
Students will learn to build, code, and publish web content in a variety of formats and create content for social media platforms.
Area of Instruction:
- Foundations of Information Technology
- Fundamentals of Computer Operation
- Network Fundamentals
- Basics of Programming
- Computer Applications (Google GSuite, Microsoft Word & Excel)
- Photography (operating a DSLR in manual mode, composition techniques and image manipulation with Adobe Photoshop)
- Graphic Content Creation (Adobe Illustrator)
- Principles of Layout and Design
- Video Production and Editing (Adobe PremierPro and After Effects using YouTube as a distributive platform)
Many career opportunities are available to students that take the Digital Media Arts program. Most will continue their education at a college or university, ask about how to earn college credit while taking this program.
The Digital Media Arts program is a stepping stone to these potential careers:
- Graphic & Website Designer
- Web Application Developer
- Software Developer
- Computer Programmer
- Advertising and Promotions Manager
- Radio and TV Reporter, Producer and Editor
- Public Relations and Marketing Representative
- Digital Illustrator and 3D Animator
- Film and TV Special Effects Artist
- Digital Photographer
- Multimedia and Mobile Application Developer
- Digital Communications Specialist
- Instructional Designer
Median Pay is $67,990 per year!
Projected job growth is much faster than average.
College Credits available in Digital Media Arts from:
St. Francis University
PA College of Technology
Adult Education Information
Cost: $6,800.00 – Includes books, NOCTI and OSHA Certification
Estimated expenses not included in tuition:
Criminal Record Check – $22.00
Child Abuse Clearance – $13.00
Federal Criminal History Record-$23.85
$300.00 deposit that will go toward tuition
*Note: Financial aid is not yet available for the Digital Media Arts Program
Academic Year: 9 months/900 hours
Start Date: August
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-2:30 pm