Certified Nurses Aid
Adam Ryen, B.S
Jen Ryen, RN, RN, CWCA,FACCWS, CFCN, DAPWCA, NATCEP
CIP Code 51.3902
Certified Nurses Aide (CNA) is one of the top 10 high demand jobs. Our CNA program will prepare you to perform patient/resident care under the supervision of a licensed nurse. Our program is approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
You will learn the following basic skills:
• Taking and recording vital signs
• Personal care
• Activities of Daily Living
• Restorative/Rehab Care
Successful completion of this course prepares you to take the Pennsylvania Nurse Aide Competency Exam and enroll in the CNA registry for Pennsylvania.
• Physical exam – must be able to lift 40 pounds • Criminal History – complies with Act 14 (must have been done within the last year) can be completed online at http://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp (choose employment for reason for request) or mail “request for criminal record check” with money order only in the amount of $22.00, or stop in CCCTC and we can process the criminal history check.
• At least 17 years of age
• A resident of PA for two years-(contact school if not a resident for two years, you will need to do FBI clearance)
• Agree to abide by school policies
• TB test (either two-step Mantoux or QuantiFERON Gold blood test).
Q-Care in Philipsburg has the regular skin test TB serum (2 step process), the cost is $12/per injection. This is not covered by insurance.
Med Express in DuBois does the QuantiFERON Gold TB blood test. The results are available within 5 days; however, the cost is $129, not covered under insurance.
$1850.00* Cost includes books & supplies (subject to change)
Cost for CCCTC graduate:
$1125.00 Cost includes books & supplies (subject to change)
Guardian Healthcare, Amber Warren, 814-715-6734
Mt. Laurel Nursing Home, Michele Jones, 814-765-7545
Ridgeview Healthcare & Rehabilitation, Benjamin Ruggles, 814-236-0600 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Your local Careerlink
June 4, 2021 (Orientation), Class June 7th- July 12th
August 6, 2021 (Orientation), Class August 9th- September 14th
October 1, 2021 (Orientation), Class October 4th- November 3rd
November 12, 2021 (Orientation), Class November 15th- December 17th
PRE-REQUISITES DUE ON ORIENTATION NIGHT.
This program is approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
For additional information and to register for our Nurse Aide Program, please contact the Adult Education Department at:
For questions regarding the requirements or steps required for the CNA program, please contact the CNA instructors at: