Website State College Area School District
Physical Plant is hiring a Maintenance/Grounds Laborer to assist both the grounds and maintenance teams. It is estimated that the position will work with the maintenance team approximately 80% of the time while aiding the grounds team 20% of the time. In addition, the successful candidate may be called upon to provide first-shift building custodial coverage if necessary. This position is a twelve-month appointment and will provide support to all trades as needed.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Utilize a variety of hand and power tools.
– Assist with the operation of heavy machinery.
– Work side by side with maintenance and grounds team members.
– Complete many different maintenance tasks, including drilling, painting, basic plumbing, basic electrical, etc.
– Commit to continually improving skills through on-the-job training.
SCASD strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply.
8 hours/day; $16.80/hour
To apply for this job please visit scasd.tedk12.com.